<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 30, 2005

This morning, I got up, and realized that it was my turn to make breakfast. I wanted to try something new so I looked up a recipe for 'French Crepes' on the web.

Some of these websites ask for feedback on how the recipes turn out. so I wrote the following letter to mrbreakfast.com:

Dear Mr. Breakfast.

Re: French Crepe Recipe.

Not only do you not have enough milk in the recipe, but you call for moderately high heat... which instantly burns the crepes.

The lack of milk gives the crepe a thickness of a mattress with the texture of a basketball. In fact, one ‘crepe’ did slip off of the skillet and bounced from the floor into our living room, knocking over a potted plant.

I find the fact that you name this recipe 'French' crepes, is insulting to the French. Although I have only spent a few months living in France and eating Crepes, not once did I see the French dining on burnt dictionaries.

Anyone stupid enough to attempt this recipe would be in for a delightful morning of feasting on burnt, tasteless, pancakes with the specific gravity of a brick.

I look forward to trying your other recipes if I am ever employed as an interrogator overseas.

J Marshall

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?